Halloween

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The GMAT

The GMAT is a frustrating test. I got the exact same score on the practice test that I got on the actual test. The frustrating part is I studied hard for a month between the practice test and the actual test.

Now to make things even worse, I am not consistent.

I am well above average on Analytical Writing.
I am average on the Verbal (English, Reading).
I am below average on the Quantitative (Math).

Where does that leave me? I don't know. I guess only the Master's review committee can determine if they want me or not.

To make matters even worse, I will be qualified to teach Math by the end of the summer. Obviously, I am not good at Math and maybe I should have choose to teach English or Writing. But at this moment, all of my Wood relatives that just read this sentence are laughing at me teaching English.

What to do in life? I am 33 and still don't know the answer to this question.

4 comments:

Clarice said...

Just a thought, but maybe judging from your previous post you need to have Lincoln tutor you!! :) You will be awesome at whatever you decide!

Grandma & Pop-pop said...

For quantitative math, you can always use a pocket calculator. On the English part, uh, the past participle of "choose" is "chosen." Possibly the Rockland schools did not devote massive emphasis to the study of past participles. There may be a certain farmer attitude that wants to use the wrong verb form where a past participle should be, simply as a matter of getting attention or rebelling against The School and indeed Civilization. When one person uses the wrong form in that way, it can become a fashion and spread from there.

I can't recall hearing incorrect p.p. usage at all growing up in Richland. Visiting relatives on the farms in Iowa was another story.

The best way to learn a subject is to teach it, so I would say -- sure, go ahead and pursue that English teacher avenue. But I should think that there's always a need somewhere for accountants & bookkeepers. And then this year one has option of taking a census job, in abundance. Imagine how interesting it would be to find out about the personal lives of hundreds of your neighbors.

Grandma & Pop-pop said...

Another possibility is that you just had "A Bad Day" on the exam. Can happen to anyone. Proof of this is in playing online boggle. (Wordsplay.net - sign up for the "Wood/Chan" team.) Sometimes I do all right on that; other times I'm in the cellar. Sadly, I have never, ever remotely approached Ben's performance!

ام حسن said...



لعبة المزرعة السعيدة ثلاثية الأبعاد
لعبة المزرعة السعيدة الجديدة
لعبة المزرعة السعيدة
صور اغلفه للبروفايل متنوعه
صور روعه للفيس اجمل صور للفيس بك
اروووع اغلفه للفيس بوك
كلام حزين - صور حب حزينه
صور حب حزينه صور بكاء والم القلب صور حزينا جدا تقطع القلب
اجمل صور بنات حزينة 2014 اروع صور بنات حزينة 2014 اجدد صور بنات حزينة 2014
صور حزن وفراق الاحبة
انت عمرى
صور حب متحركة اجمل واحلي صور خب متحركة صور عشاق متحركة
صور حب ورومنسية جامدة جدا اجمل واحلا صور للاحبة صور حب للعشاق
صور حب ورومنسية صور لااحبة
صور حب روعة صور حب للعشاق
صور حرف N , خلفيات حرف ان بالانجليزي رومانسية 2014 , تصميم حرف n 2015
صورحرف s 2014 , خلفيات حرف s للعشاق 2014 , تصاميم حرف s حب وغرام 2014
احلا واجمل صور اسماء بنات 2014 اجمل صور اسماء بنات 2014
اسماء ذكور اسلامية 2014, معاني اسماء مواليد اولاد اسلامية جديدة ومعانيها 2015
اجمل اسامي بنات 2014,اسامي بنات روعة 2014 اسامي بنات جديدة