Halloween

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

5-mile run

I accidentally ran five miles on Monday night. Here is how:

On Friday, I went out running and got rained on because I got to far away from the house. So on Monday, I decided to run around our subdivision until I hit four miles. Mapmyrun.com told me our subdivision was .7 miles. So off I went for six laps. When I got home I looked at the clock and thought I had gotten really slow. Then I decided to get in the car and clock it. I found out the subdivision is .8 miles and with six laps. I had ran .2 miles shy of five miles.

This is an amazing accomplishment for me because my foot still hurts at times. With another 5k down on Saturday, I only have one more to go to reach my goal of three this summer.

3 comments:

Jonathan and Emily said...

That'a great JoAnn! If you need a running buddy the week of Sarah's wedding. . . I'll bring my shoes (just in case).

Emily

jbwood12 said...

Emily--I would love a running partner but I am slow. I am also afraid I might have to go over to the Yorktown track and run laps because I don't do good on hills. I can't think of many flat places in VA.

Grandma & Pop-pop said...

And for either of you who want to push a kid just for added muscle, I got a nice jogging stroller for $2 at a garage sale up the street on Saturday. Yep! $2. Yes, the fabric is faded, but the wheels work and hold air and the brake works, so who cares about faded fabric?

Yorktown has a very, very nice track now. You won't believe how they fixed up the stadium and all the surrounding fields to make softball and soccer fields, too.

Virginia