Halloween

Sunday, November 23, 2008

$30 of food and $1.37 a gallon for gas

I have been trying to be the thrifty shopper and grab hold of all the deals. This week I spent $30 at Albertson's and got this and none of it is generic. Everything was on sale or had a coupon except for the two bags of white chocolate chips which are to put in the cookies I am making this week and freezing for all the December events.

On the bottom of the reciept I saw, you have earned $.15 off you next purchase of gas. My tank in the van was empty so I decided to fill up at Albertson's instead of Costco. At the pump, I was told I had accumulated a discount of $.60 off a gallon. So I filled my tank at $1.37 a gallon. I paid $22 for a tank of case for my van! I am not a frequent Albertson's shopper so somehow my bargain shopping is not only paying off on food but also for gas.


This is a pictures of the kids practicing for winter. We saw snow come out of the sky on Saturday but it melted when it touched the ground.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Cute Kids!

Lark said...

Very impressive savings. My favorite time to go to Albertson's is when they do the free movie ticket deals. :)
I love Lincoln's hat!